To be eligible for Amazon’s Buy Box, it is necessary to have a professional seller account, and to have been a seller for 90 days, without having gone over certain performance targets.
Certain products can be eligible whilst others cannot :
- Stock : you need available stock
- The state of the product : the state of the product is also an important factor, only new products can win the Buy Box.
If these base criteria are met, Amazon’s algorithm will take into account different factors for the selection of the Buy Box, in order of importance :
- Amazon Premium : FBA Amazon appears to place ahead sellers that use this FBA service “delivered by Amazon”
- Low Prices : the criteria of price is an essential factor, it is essential to show the best offer whilst taking into account the competition, different costs and maintaining stable profit margins. This is a variable than can be modified which can also have a very fast impact.
Smart Price retrieves the prices of your competitors and adjusts the price of the seller whilst taking into account specific rules to prevent selling at a loss.
The rate of “Perfect orders” : the greater the rate of perfect order approaches 100%, the better the chances are of winning the Buy Box.
- Late deliveries and shipments
- The defect order rate
- Late orders
- Parcels with tracking numbers
- On-Time delivery
- Review rates
- Average response time
- Number of reviews
- The availability : Amazon will prioritise the products which are in stock and have a certain volume for sale
- The rate of cancellations and reimbursements